Who Can Certify Documents for Solicitors

by / / Uncategorized

You may have a document that you need to sign that requires your signature to be “certified.” In this case, you must sign the document in front of someone who can verify your identity and confirm that you signed the document in front of them. We can certify your documents in our London office. If you plan to send a certified document to a country outside the Commonwealth or to a country outside the Hague Convention, you will need a few more steps before you can send it abroad. The person certifying your document must write the following on the copy document: Document notarization is when a lawyer checks whether a copy of an original document is true. This document could be your passport, marriage certificate, or even your will. Some organizations require certified copies of documents instead of originals. This means you don`t need to send the original document to keep it safe. “I confirm that this is an authentic copy of the original I saw.” The person certifying the document may charge you a fee. Our dedicated legalization team works daily with a variety of documents. Your order will be processed by a trained team member who will prepare the documents as needed.

Costs vary depending on the document certification required. If you intend to use the documents in the UK rather than overseas, certification by a lawyer, accountant or doctor is likely to be cheaper than notarisation by a notary. Here`s everything you need to know to get a certified document, in addition to the cost of certifying documents in London with a UK lawyer. Copies of documents can be certified by one of the following: Find out more about document certification in London by email info@mscnotaries.com or by calling 0208 907 2699. Our lawyers can help you legalize same-day appointment documents. For document certifications, call us and we will make an appointment with one of our lawyers. Please bring the following documents: Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy: If you are applying for something like a bank account or mortgage, you may be asked to provide certified documents of the original. The certification of documents must be carried out correctly. It is important that the documents contain the correct declaration, that they are signed in the name of a lawyer and not in the name of the firm, and that it is clear on what date the document was signed. It is always recommended to hire a lawyer when a document is certified, as they will ensure that the documents are reviewed legally and certified quickly and easily.

Alternatively, you may have an original document, such as a passport, driver`s license, power of attorney, birth certificate, utility bill, or certificate of completion; of which you must provide a “certified” copy. In this case, you must bring the original document and a copy of it to someone who can confirm that the copy is an authentic copy of the original. Then you don`t have to hand over your original. Other documents must be verified and certified by a lawyer. Common examples include corporate documents, personal documents, and academic or qualification certificates. As a rule, these are not signed by a recognized official. “I certify that it accurately reflects a person`s name and that this document is certified as true to the original I have seen.” Check with the organization that requires the certified copy – they may have specific rules about who can certify a document. Simply put, a lawyer will review a document, then add an explanation of why they are certifying the document, and then add their signature.

There are several professionals who can perform document certification, including: The provision of a complete apostille service includes the certification of documents by one of our lawyers. We offer a complete legalization service to save you time and money. British documents signed by our lawyer are guaranteed to be issued with a British apostille. If you need your signature on a certified document, you must sign the document in front of the person who will certify your signature. You will also need to present an original photo ID (we usually insist on a full UK passport or driving licence). If you need advice on how to get your documents properly certified, please contact us. We can offer you the best advice if you contact a lawyer or use our comprehensive service without worries. Sometimes notarization by an accountant, doctor, or even the post office is acceptable, but you should always talk to the end user of the documents before selecting these options.

We offer certification services at a very competitive price for London. Using our attorney certification service means that documents are quickly reviewed and properly certified by one of our attorneys. This avoids delays in legalisation as we ensure that all documents are prepared by one of our Brittons and Time Solicitors staff can assist with all aspects of certifications. For each document you need to certify, we charge a flat fee of £20 + VAT (£24). However, we do offer discounted rates for several certifications. In practice, almost all documents can be certified by a lawyer. However, not all documents should be, as they are useless to legalize documents. We will let you know if your document needs to be signed by our lawyer and will never charge you for services you don`t need. Document legalization is often important when sending documents abroad.

We can assist with the legalization of documents and offer a variety of notarial services such as signature witnesses as well as other legalization and apostille services. If you need to certify a translation of a document that is not in English or Welsh, ask the translation company to confirm the translation in writing: as a guideline, our fee to certify a copy of a utility bill, bank statement or driving licence is normally £20 + VAT, while a copy of the identity page of a passport would cost £30 + VAT. When we certify signatures on a document, the fee starts at £40 + VAT. and when we verify the authenticity of an original document such as a diploma, prices usually start at £50 + VAT. Another possibility is that you have an original document and you need someone to confirm that the information on that document is true or that the document is genuine. This may apply to school-leaving certificates, police certificates, contracts or letters of employment, general practitioner letters or reports, accounts, P60s and pension letters. You may need to have an original document certified for an application. Many documents have the required signature or stamp and require no further certification. For example, birth certificates, marriage certificates, court documents, and HMRC letters usually do not need to be signed by a lawyer.